The international students have to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa.
More than 90,000 students come to study in Canada every year and even more come to Canada to learn English or French. In Canada, the provinces and territories have their own jurisdiction over education.
To be eligible to study in Canada:
- You must have been accepted by a school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada.
- You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your:
- tuition fees
- living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
- and return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
- You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada.
- You may have to provide a police certificate.
- You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
- You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.
It is possible to work in Canada while you are here as a student, and there are opportunities for jobs on and off campus.